Whales & Vineyard Safari (August-April)
Situated along the shores of Walker Bay, Hermanus is the official whale watching capital of the world during the months of July to December. Sixty to 100 whales visit the shores of Hermanus from Antarctica to breed and rear young, coming as close as 10m of the coast. Unspoiled mountains and indigenous Fynbos make for a picturesque backdrop for Southern Right whale watching.
- Coastal drive via Somerset West & Pringle Bay
- Stoney Point Whaling Harbour – Visit the old whaling station.
- Hermanus Boardwalk – Have lunch at one of the many restaurants along the boardwalk.
- Benguela Cove – Vineyard Safari, tasting of five wines along the route.
- Iona Wine Estate – Experience the atmosphere of a working wine farm.
- Almenkerk Wine Estate – Wine tasting on the farm with beautiful views.
- Return Via Sir Lowry’s pass
Entrance fees: R825.00 Per Person Excludes Lunch
Total Cost: R0.00 Includes all entrances and excursions with qualified driver/guide.