Whales & Vineyard Safari stellenbosch
Situated along the shores of Walker Bay, Hermanus is the official whale watching capital of the world during the months of July to December. Sixty to 100 whales visit the shores of Hermanus from Antarctica to breed and rear young, coming as close as 10m of the coast. Unspoiled mountains and indigenous Fynbos make for a picturesque backdrop for Southern Right whale watching.
- Coastal drive via Somerset West & Pringle Bay – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Stoney Point Whaling Harbour – 30 minutes
Visit the old whaling station.
- Hermanus Boardwalk – 1 hour 20 minutes
Have lunch at one of the many restaurants along the boardwalk.
- Benguela Cove – 1 hour 30 minutes
Vineyard Safari, tasting of five wines along the route.
- Iona Wine Estate – 30 minutes
Experience the atmosphere of a working wine farm.
- Almenkerk Wine Estate – 40 minutes
Wine tasting on the farm with beautiful views.
- Sir Lowry’s pass – 1 hour
+Boat Based whale watching on request.
Boat based whale watching on request. *
On return, travel via Elgin, Houw Hoek and Botrivier and over Sir Lowry’s pass.
Group Tours every Wednesday
Collection: Stellenbosch Area
Group Tours: R1650 p/p
Private Tours: R2050 p/p sharing
Price includes entrance fees and wine tastings (excludes boardwalk lunch)