Situated along the shores of Walker Bay, Hermanus is the official whale watching capital of the world during the months of July to December. Sixty to 100 whales visit the shores of Hermanus from Antarctica to breed and rear young, coming as close as 10m of the coast. Unspoiled mountains and indigenous Fynbos make for a picturesque backdrop for Southern Right whale watching.
– Take a Coastal Drive via Somerset West and Pringle Bay
– Visit the old Stoney Point whaling harbour
– Have lunch along the boardwalk in Hermanus
– Through to Benguela for a vineyard Safari
– Wine Tasting at Iona Wine Estate
– Wine Tasting at Almenkerk Wine Estate
– Pit Stop at Sir Lowry’s pass
+ Boat based whale watching on request. *
+ On return, travel via Elgin, Houw Hoek and Botrivier and over Sir Lowry’s pass.
Group Tours every Wednesday
Collection & Drop-off: Stellenbosch Area
Group Tours: R1150.00 p/p
Private Tours: R1300.00 p/p sharing (Upon request)
Prices include entrance fees and Wine (Excludes Boardwalk Lunch)
T’s & C’s Apply